Frost & Company, P.S., a leading CPA firm and member of the BDO Alliance, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager to join our successful tax practice based in our Olympia, WA office. We deliver high-level tax preparation, planning, and consulting services to a diverse group of clients. Our industry expertise includes professional services, construction, wholesale, retail, and green energy.
Our full-service accounting and consulting firm offers a dynamic environment in which professionals are able to develop a broad range of skills and expertise while also obtaining specialized knowledge in key areas. We ensure that our professionals are on a continuous growth path while balancing the needs and interests of their personal lives.
The Tax Manager position is a high-level leadership role that involves overseeing multiple complex engagements and acting as a strategic advisor to clients, helping them address challenges and successfully achieve their goals. This is a Principal track position, and in addition to ensuring the successful completion of tax projects it will involve developing the members of our Tax team and serving as a key leader in the Firm.
- Plan and direct business and individual tax engagements.
- Manage estate, gift, and trust tax needs for high net worth individual clients.
- Provide technical tax compliance, planning, and consulting services to a diverse group of clients.
- Work closely with clients to minimize liabilities on corporate income and transactions.
- Perform technical tax research and analysis and compose and review written memorandum.
- Assist clients with the management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable tax laws, technical advancements, and market and industry developments.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional client services by providing high quality deliverables and forward thinking advice.
- Strengthen existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities by participating in business development initiatives, providing thought leadership, and fostering relationships in the industries in which our clients and prospects operate.
- Effectively manage, mentor, and train staff members.
- Participate in networking, community, and business development activities on behalf of the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master’s Degree in Taxation preferred.
- Active CPA license.
- At least 7 years of public accounting tax experience.
- Experience using ProSystem fx Tax is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Able to perform complex tax research and other research projects as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively articulate complex information.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and client service teams.
- Proven ability to mentor and develop talent internally.
- Business development expertise and a strong interest in community involvement.
Frost & Company, P.S., a BDO Alliance Firm, was established in 1969 and has remained dedicated to providing high quality service to our clients and employees. With offices in Olympia, Tacoma, and Bellevue, we are a leading public accounting and consulting firm in the Washington area and provide an environment that supports a rewarding and successful career for all of our talented professionals.
We consider our employees to be our most valuable assets and provide them with tremendous opportunities to grow within the public accounting industry while balancing fulfilling personal lives. We offer to our employees a top of the line benefits package, a compensation plan that rewards hard work and exceeding goals, competitive paid time off, and encourage active community involvement.
We hire technically strong individuals who are creative thinkers and hard workers who will add to our dynamic and friendly firm culture.
Please submit coverl letter and resume to Lexi Bailey or apply via the website.